Getting the maximum lifespan out of your new roof comes down to both quality materials and the crew applying them. Whether its scammers, inexperienced installers, or the over eager do-it-yourselfer – repairing or replacing your roofing system improperly can have expensive and long lasting effects on your roof, your home, and your family – and none of them positive. Trust the experience of Alpine Roofing to repair roof leaks in Toronto and protect your property.
At Alpine Roofing, we’ve been serving Burlington, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, and the GTA since 1974, bringing experience, quality materials, and fast service to all types of residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial jobs. In fact, your neighbor might have even called our roofing company in Toronto in a few years back to fix the results of a similar circumstance. With Alpine Roofing, you can avoid these following rookie mistakes:
- Insufficient contractor insurance: If your property is damaged, a worker or guest is injured on your property, or if the work is deficient and your contractor is under insured or not insured at all, you can be held liable. A reputable roofing company will provide documentation of their insurance policy and their insurance company to confirm that they are insured for the amount they claim.
- Neglecting the attic: a roof is an entire system with shingles being only one part, proper ventilation, a secure roof deck, and adequate insulation are necessary for your shingles to last and to your roof to function properly.
- Multiple layers of shingles: increasingly in many municipalities it is unlawful to install a new asphalt roof without tearing off the old one. Removing the old shingles allows for the installing contractor to inspect the roof deck for weak areas. The weight of additional layers of shingles can also harm your home’s walls and roof structure.
- Incorrect installation: seems simple enough but every roofing manufacturer has specific regulations on how their roofs must be installed – the number of nails per shingle, can determine whether a manufacturer will stand behind their warranty should the roof fail earlier than the guaranteed lifespan.
- Mismatched shingles: roofing is manufactured in batches and when a contractor purchases from multiple suppliers there can be varied color shades. Choose a professional with well-established vender relationships and ask about batch numbers.
- Reusing the flashing: flashing is a metal strip applied along your roofline to move flow of water away from your home. While the old flashing may look salvageable, it doesn’t mean that it’s going to last as long as the new materials that have just been applied. Always install new flashing.
At Alpine Roofing you can rest assured that every element of your roofing, including all flashing, soffit, fascia, eavestroughs, and ventilation will be handled with superior workmanship that is aesthetically pleasing. Call to schedule your roof consultation or inspection with Alpine Roofing at 416-469-1939 today.